Destination-USA was founded in 2016 by Mohamad Faridi, who came to the United States as a religious refugee. He was born and raised in a devout Muslim family in the country of Iran. After years of faithfully following the Muslim faith his goal ultimately became to be a martyr in Jihad. This all changed after a divine encounter with Jesus Christ in Iran. He made Jesus his Lord and Savior and started sharing the Gospel with fellow Iranians. As a result, he faced persecution and had to flee the country for his life. Eventually he was granted refuge in America as a religious refugee.
Destination-USA exists to equip the Body of Christ in the understanding of Islam and to reach Muslims with the Gospel. Because of Mohamad’s understanding of Islam and experience of resettling in the United States as a refugee he understands what the Body of Christ needs to know to reach refugees arriving here in the United States.
To Change the Destiny of Nations: Give praise to the Lord, proclaim His name; make known among the nations what He has done. (Psalm 105:1)
- The Gospel, shared in word and deed (Romans 1:16, Colossians 3:17)
- Refugees and immigrants, created in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27, Exodus 23:9, Leviticus 19:33-34, Leviticus 24:22)
- The local church, God’s agent for transformation (1 Peter 2:9, Matthew 28: 18-20, Matthew 5: 14-16)
- Justice and mercy for the vulnerable (Isaiah 58: 6-11, Micah 6:8, Isaiah 1:17)
- Empowerment and learning from each other (1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 27:17)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man’s salvation.
- We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is continuing the work He started at Pentecost empowering believers to live a godly life and continue in all the works of Jesus.
- We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.
- We believe the true Church is composed of all born again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.
- We believe all born-again believers have been commissioned to share the complete Gospel to all the world.